Serve Your Community
The Brookhaven Fire Department is always looking for good people who want to serve the community. If you live or work full-time in the Brookhaven Fire District and have time to share and a desire to help your friends and neighbors we would like to hear from you.
If there's a fire, we put it out. But the science of fighting fire is developing well beyond the basics and evolving into a more advanced field of technology, organization and protocol. On the scene of a fire you will find the skilled, dedicated, and highly trained volunteers using their knowledge, equipment, and technology to conduct a massive operation like a well oiled machine.
Below are basic requirements for anyone seeking to join the department:
- Members must be at least 18 years of age
- Members must live within the Brookhaven Fire District
- Clean criminal record
- Attend meetings and training as required by our Department By-Laws
To get started, download the application below.
Click here to download PDF version of application.
Fill it out and either:
- Drop it off at our Headquarters at 2486 Montauk Highway in Brookhaven or our Station One at 10 Camp Upton Road, in Shirley
- Email application to email@example.com
*Download application while on desktop, only.
For any questions, you can also call the Brookhaven Fire District at 631-286-0282.
Check out the Fire in You for more information.